Reaper Za Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reaper has Risen

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot Empty
PostSubject: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:07 am

If you have a Windows 7 laptop with a compatible wireless card you can create a Virtual Wireless Hotspot.
(This is a hidden feature within Windows 7 called Virtual WiFi)

The best part is, this is not an ad-hoc network, and multiple devices can connect!. Android, by default does not support connecting to ad-hoc networks without rooting and hacking, so you basically need an AP (Access Point).

To achieve this, follow these easy steps:
1. First of all, you need Windows 7, nothing prior to Windows has this feature (including Vista).
2. Update your wireless card's drivers. (If the steps below fails, then try updating your firmware as well).

3. Open a command line with admin privileges and run the following command:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=MyPassword
(Replace MyHotspot and MyPassword with your own values!)

4. Now start the adapter by running this command:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

You will notice that you have a new Wireless adapter in your Network and Sharing Center called "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter"

5. Now simply enable your 3G interface's Internet Connection Sharing (ICS):
* Locate your 3G interface in your Network and Sharing Center
* Right-click on it and select "Properties"
* Click on the "Sharing" tab
* Check the top box called "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"
* In the "Home networking connection:" drop-down box, select your newly created Wireless Interface.
* Click OK.

6. Connect your PC's 3G.

Viola! You are now running a wireless Hotspot from your PC and you'll be able to connect with multiple devices simultaneously (including Android), who will in turn have internet connectivity via your 3G Dongle in your PC.

This solution is ideal for those of us who don't have great network infrastructure at home/work (e.g. ADSL & WiFi, etc.)

Go ahead, share your free net around the house for all your devices
Back to top Go down
Chucklez
Reaper ZA Trusted Brother

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanx for the share dweeb Smile
Back to top Go down
james
james

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:14 pm

great share
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 am

Embarassed Damn no rep points...
Glad u found it useful Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:43 pm

and dweeb strikes again, jys n ster oubreg!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:51 am

dankie hoor. you are saving me the router. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chucklez

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 am

anyone who knows a good mobile software to create a hotspot with my nokia N8?
Back to top Go down
james
james

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:18 am

has anyone got it working
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:49 am

@james it works everytime i do it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:13 pm

windows xp guys can try connectify.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:37 pm

@james it works perfectly, ive tried it a couple of times and it works without problems, btw ive noticed it doesnt work on all wirelss cards, you need to have a wireless lan card inorder for this setup to work, "i might be wrong" lol, anyway i have 2 wireless cards

a. internal "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG" card

and

b. usb "802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card" card

this setup doesnt work on my internal wireless card, but it works perfectly via usb wireless card

here are some other settings dweeb forgot to get into, that might come in handy

1. to stop hotspot

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

2. to disable hotspot

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

3. to show connected devices

Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork

enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:52 pm

@skurk198 I always seem to assume guys will know a bit more, but there you go.
Thanks for filling in the gaps.
And yes USB WiFi didn't work with me as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

@dweeb i take it you meant "usb wireless adaptor" worked for you aswell, and not the internal wireless card,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:19 pm

LMAO i misread, it DID work on my internal on laptop.
Did not work on pc with USB.

Sorry for the confusion, must be tired after this long day & nite.
Apologies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm

@dweeb what type of internal wireless card do you have, and which usb wireless card did you try, if you dont mind giving the model names, because as ive said, i have 2 wireless cards

a. internal Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card

and

b. usb 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card card

this setup doesnt work on my internal wireless card, but it works perfectly via usb wireless card
Back to top Go down
james
james

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm

thx skurk for confirming it actually works,maybe its working for certain wireless cards only
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:28 am

@james im sure the wireless card should be a lan one, and not just a standard wireless card, than again i might be wrong, lets wait and see what the rest come up with,
Back to top Go down
skullbang
skullbang

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:13 pm

cn you share fbt with that windows hotspot ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyFri May 31, 2013 4:44 am

@skullbang, yes it is possible, but the fbt should be a vpn fbt method, than you just share the tap adaptor of the vpn, with the wireless hotspot you created, and than you'll have a working fbt wireless hotspot, but i havent tried via the proxy fbt, im not sure if it even is possible, but i know for a fact the vpn fbt method works because ive done and used it alot before,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:11 am

You need to share the network connection & just use the proxy in the networked pc's.
Tried it on my wired lan with HTPC & FBT running thru proxy setup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 am

@dweeb that sounds like french to me, lol, but ill do some research and see if i can get the proxy method working, thanx
Back to top Go down
deathprowler
deathprowler

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 am

I use the above method to share files or stream videos via wifi from laptop to my Lumia. Creating a hotspot also worked, I believe a laptop has an internal adaptor?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 am

@skurk i have a wired gigabit network at home, no wireless.
But i have tested wired & wireless sharing with success before.
Let me know where u get stuck & will try to help where i can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:11 pm

@DWEEB, have you tried via proxy fbt, meaning iwp, or other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:31 am

Yes, use your pc ip hosting the proxy & port.
Works with IWP, Proxifier, Proximotron...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot   Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating A Wi-Fi Hotspot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reaper Za Clan :: Level 1 :: Computer Topics-
Jump to: